Digested from:Udemy,com – Video Tutorial
7 Key Steps to Blogging Success
When fear based decisions are bad for your business
When fear based decisions are bad for your business
• Write down your 3 biggest blogging challenges
• Often what stops you from starting anything are little roadblocks that become excuses.
• Then what happens is this. Nothing.
• It could be technophobia, lack of money, little or no time, fear of failure,
• wanting to be perfect, not sure what your passion is, stuck in your
• comfort zone etc
• How I will solve this challenge:
Creating your mission statement
• Building a successful blog means becoming clear about whom you are,
• What you are passionate about and what you want to achieve. This may
• Require some reading, research and quiet contemplation.
• 1. Write down 5 of your key strengths
• 2. Write down 5 of your areas of expertise
• Eg. Writing, Programming, Photography, Marketing, Accounting etc
• 3. Write down 5 things you are passionate about
• Eg. Writing, Video production, music, reading etc
Understanding your audience
• The aim of this exercise is to get to understand the audience of
• the top bloggers in your niche.
• Identify the top bloggers in your niche
• Go to Google or any other search engine and enter a search term for the “top 10 bloggers/influencers” in your industry. It could be fashion, photography, food, web design… etc.
• Eg “Top 10 bloggers in fashion”
• List them
Launching your blogging platform
• The aim of this exercise is to create and or optimize your blog
• to improve its performance.
• 1. List the top 5 things you could implement in the next
• month that would improve the following.
• • Sharing
• • Social proof
• • Email list building
• • Growing your followers on social networks
• Go to the top blogs in your industry and see what they
• are doing that you could model
• There is no need to reinvent the wheel.
• Look at the things they do and list what you could model to
• help improve your blog. It could be traffic growing tactics,
• messaging etc.
Creating great content
• The aim of this exercise is to help you find the inspiration to
• create great content that your target audience will want to read
• and share.
• 1. Write 10 headlines for future blog posts for your
• existing blog or your new blog
• Use the top headline tactics we learned in this section.
• Write 5 new blog posts for the best headlines
• Write a great opening line, introduction, use simple language,
sub-titles, bullet points and include visuals that you can use to
amplify sharing on social media.
· The aim of this exercise is to explore the different ways to
make money from your blog. Then you need to identify which
ones will be the most attractive to the lifestyle and business
that you want to create.
· Write down the 3 top types of revenue models that suit
your goals and lifestyle choices.
· Is it an authority site that positions you as an expert and drives
leads that you can convert into consulting clients?
· You may consider affilate marketing.
• Again there is no right or wrong.
• Maybe you need to experiment with multiple revenue streams.
• E-books, speaking, Joint venture marketing etc
. Most bloggers make money from multiple sources . List 3 different online course topics that you think your target audience needs to be educated about.
• List the headlines for 3 e-books that you could sell on your blog
• PAID TRAFFIC
• EARNED TRAFFIC
– Social Media
– Organic Search SEO
– Email List
• Google Plus
• Yik Yak
Go to their blogs and websites and do some
• : This means looking at their comments from their readers, what
• sort of content the write about and the media preferences they
• Go to their social media networks and watch and
• Go and review their Twitter stream, Facebook posts, Youtube
• channel, Instagram account and Pinterest network and see
• what their followers tweet about, like and share.
• Write down the 10 most asked questions/problems
• in your industry
• This will provide the inspiration to both understand their
• mindset and what content you could create to help solve it.
Find the Shakers and Movers in Your Niche
• Learn how you can benefit from SimilarWeb PRO with a personal live walk through, directly from our experienced product consultants.
• BuzzSumo is a helpful search tool that tracks content on all social networking sites and ranks them based on the number of shares on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Pinterest. It monitors content by topic or user and uses an advanced search engine to deliver accurate results.
• Topsy Labs was a social search and analytics company based in
. The company is a
certified Twitter partner and maintains a comprehensive index of tweets San Francisco,
• Your blogs
• Dive deeper by following blogs from the latest movers, shakers, and thinkers. Follow any one on the web.
• Submit your Twitter Account
Email Marketing Tips
One free favorite for 1500 contacts is mailchimp.com
SEO is a marketing discipline focused on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results. SEO encompasses both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, and increase awareness in search engines. There are many aspects to SEO, from the words on your page to the way other sites link to you on the web. Sometimes SEO is simply a matter of making sure your site is structured in a way that search engines understand.
SEO isn't just about building search engine-friendly websites. It's about making your site better for people too. At Moz we believe these principles go hand-in-hand.
This guide is designed to describe all areas of SEO—from finding the terms and phrases (keywords) that generate traffic to your website, to making your site friendly to search engines, to building links and marketing the unique value of your site. If you are confused about this stuff, you are not alone, and we're here to help.
Discovering Your Focus and Passion
Identifying and understanding your Target Market
Launching and Optimizing your Blogging Platform
Creating Content that attracts traffic
How to make money from your Blog
Marketing Your Blog
Converting Traffic into Sales